Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Nasty Cough that Never Ends

The virus of the month is a week of feeling tired and feverish. The cough starts at about day two. It's nasty and deep. (We don't know when it ends, because it's still hanging on at three weeks for those who got the sickness first.)

When the neighbors heard me cough on Saturday, they popped out of their house with an old dead plant they called ephedra. I was just desperate enough (yes, I've been coughing since Dec 13, but who's keeping track?) to look it up on the internet, decide it was harmless and try making the recommended brew out of it.

Aaron was the next guinea pig. It felt so good to have something to help him when he sounded like he was coughing up a lung.

Jonathan had a cow about it, because it seems an awful lot like a tea to him…

Other people in the family are saying, Can we grow some of this in our yard?

1 comment:

kimberly said...

So did this work well? If so I might be recommending it to my brother.