Thursday, March 31, 2011

Girls Weekend

The men of the Lewis family braved the snow and cold in a yurt in the Uintas over the weekend.

(Eric had recently been diagnosed with bronchitis and way over-exerted himself pushing the sled with all their provisions, but still spoke favorably. Jonathan said, "It was hard," with a groan. Aaron’s face lit up and he bubbled, "It was fun!")

The girls chose a gentler pastime. A BYU production of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion”.

It was SO much fun.

The source material was, of course, excellent.

The play itself was well-done with an especially hilarious rendition of Mrs. Mary Musgrove and a wistful, to-bring-a-tear moment as Anne danced with her memory of Captain Wentworth with all sorts of regret and no hope that they could ever be together.

Britain was our intermission entertainment. Her impersonations of Mrs. E in “Emma” were spot-on and I LAUGHED OUT LOUD.

Afterwards, everyone wanted ice cream, of course. (I did not suggest it, because I am trying so hard to win the South Weber Biggest Loser competition—-ha-ha.) Somehow we ended up at the Creamery with two half gallons in front of us and a spoon in each of our hands.

When I accused everybody of their treachery, (they've all signed the paper as faithful supporters of my weight-loss campaign) they put the pineapple sherbet in front of me and pulled away the caramel wonderful something.

Anyway, it was a delightful evening.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

I am so glad we got to go. Thanks for the inspiration. We absolutely loved it too.