Thursday, March 29, 2012

Seeing the world through a happy child's eyes

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was delighted with this book more than ever as I read it for the fourth time. I'm not very much like Anne, but I'm inspired by her. Then I find myself sorrowing that she's a fictional character.

This time I was able to realize that the characters, descriptions, and relationships were created by L.M. Montgomery (a real person!), so she's become the source of my admiration.

Quotes from Anne worth marking in the book:

"I'm not in the depths of despair this morning. I never can be in the morning."

"What a spendid day! Isn't it good just to be alive on a day like this? I pity the people who aren't born yet for missing it. They may have good days, of course, but they can never have this one." :)

"Isn't it nice that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

"But really, Marilla, one can't stay sad very long in such an interesting world, can one?"

"It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will. Of course, you must make it up firmly." :)

"I'll try to be so good. It'll be uphill work, I expect..." :)

"If you can't be cheerful, be as cheerful as you can."

1 comment:

Dad Lewis said...

Great thoughts to build a happy and successful life upon.