After waiting four and a half months, February 2 finally came and Heidi was able to enter the MTC and start her mission.
She was THRILLED! We went down to BYU a little early so she could see friends one last time in the Cougareat. She was extremely happy to see everyone that came. There were lots of hugs and happy chatterings.
Then the time came that she had to tear herself away and we drove the five minutes to the MTC. She’d sobbed and sobbed when we dropped off Daniel and Paul in October because she had to wait three more months to come herself. There was no sobbing this time. In fact, she almost forgot to hug us good-bye, she was so ready to be on her way.
I’m really quite proud of her.
But I find the situation a little anticlimactic from this end.
For the last four weeks, Heidi and I have done everything together. We’ve gone to all sorts of appointments, shopped, run errands, discussed outfits and hairdos and missions and friends and relationships and gospel principles. We’ve even done Zumba together. And we’ve shopped…and shopped, did I say that yet?
So the flurry of preparation comes to its conclusion. And for Heidi the adventure finally begins.
But for me, it ends. I come home to a quiet house and she didn’t even leave a mess of her things for me to clean up. It’s all neatly stacked in bins at the back of the storage room.
Thank goodness for weekly letters. I’m sure looking forward to the first one.
No comments:
Post a Comment