At our November Pack Meeting, each of the boys introduced one of their heroes. Cute Nelson Durrant got up and told the story of his great-great-great... grandfather, Rodney Badger, who drowned right here in the Weber River saving a family and their wagon. I sat up in my seat and said, Hey! That's MY relative! He's the big brother of our grandmother, Lydia Badger.
That makes Vari Durrant our 5th cousin! And her cute kids are our kids' 6th cousins! And her mother and our Dad are 4th cousins!
I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! If I'd gotten to pick someone in the ward as a close relative, it would have been Vari. She's calm and clever and radiates the goodness that Grandma and all those Davenport siblings of hers radiated. So fun to talk to. A good thinker. She mothers with purpose. Has a master's degree in math. Looks good in a BYU shirt. :)
She's in Young Women's with Rachel and Amy. She and Rachel, especially, are BUDDIES. Rachel says, "She's the best pet anyone could ever have!" Savannah says, "She's the most cheetalicious girl I've ever met."
So, let's plan a family reunion...
5 comments:
Mother dear that is so exciting! I'm glad we're related to Vari too. We should of known it though... she fits right in with our BYU mathy-ness :)
How fun! I can't wait to meet them next time we attend your ward.
I would like to meet this distant cousin also. Isn't it fun to discover relatives?
We have had so much fun meeting some Averetts and Davenports in the past few years. Also found another descendant of Lucius Scovill in our ward last year. It is cool, isn't it!
I'm missing your great blogs.
Post a Comment