The deal is that we went on a campus tour at BYU. Some of us rode in a large golf cart and everything, while some of the rest of us toured the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum with Andrew.
After the tour, Daniel and Paul and I watched a movie about the early days of BY Academy. I thought of Grandma Lewis and her short stint in Provo and her sorrow all the rest of her days for not being able to finish her education here.
I thought of her son being able to come to BYU. Then his children...and now the next generation.
I got so emotional. I think I believe that the righteous desires of our hearts and the sacrifices we make for good can influence our posterity for generations.
I believe that Grandma's dreams are coming true through her posterity and that she is so pleased. What do you think?
And how do I get my picture right side up?
5 comments:
This was a very sweet post, Al. Made me really stop and think and all the advantages this generation has....
LOVE that the boys are on their way to the Y. Wow. That's four!
Wow, you are posting Al! It seems like it really is you too. I solved the problem of sideways pictures by only taking horizontal pictures. Someone told me it was easy to turn them though it is hard for me to believe.
I'll bet Grandma is pleased.
I am so glad to see you posting. I love this sentiment and think it is very true.
Mother dear, it makes me happy to read your blog.
To fix the picture you need to turn it BEFORE you upload it. Have one of the kids help you do that and then re-post it :)
Aren't kids handy to have? Especially the technically savvy ones. :) This was a sweet post - we have so many benefits because of the sacrifices and choices our good parents made.
Post a Comment